An employer of an unexempted establishment has to forward the following returns. These returns will include details required under the three schemes namely, Employees Provident Fund Scheme, 1952, Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme,1976 and Employee Pension Scheme, 1995.
The details of employees enrolled as members of Employees’ Provident Funds’52, Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance’76 & Employees’ Pension Scheme’95 on coverage of the establishment-This is to be submitted immediately after coverage, within 15 days of coverage.
The details of the contributions recovered from the members & paid along with details of employers’ contribution & administrative charges- This is to be submitted monthly by 25th of following month.
The details of the employees enrolled newly to the Provident Fund- To be submitted along with Form-12A every month within 15 days of the following month.
The details of the employees leaving service during the month- To be submitted along with form-12A.
The triplicate copy of challans in token of having remitted the Provident Fund dues in the bank- to be submitted along with form-12A every month.
Nomination form- To be submitted along with form-5/9.
The details of wages & contributions in respect of each member, to be prepared financial year wise- To be submitted to the Provident Fund office by 30th of April every year.
Yearly consolidated statement of contributions- To be forwarded yearly along with form-3A. It should be ensured that all the form-3A are entered in form-6A, irrespective of whether the form-3A was forwarded for the broken period and the total dues as per the form-12A for the whole year agrees with the total of form-6A within 30th April.
Return of ownership of the establishment- To be forwarded immediately after coverage & whenever there is a change in the ownership, it has to be intimate within 15 days of the change.
j) Specimen signature
Specimen signature of the officer/officers who are authorized to sign the returns/documents relating to Provident Fund forwarded immediately after coverage & whenever there is a change in authorized officer.
Instructions for a member while sending an application to Employees’ Provident Fund Organization:
1.Use the appropriate form for claiming Provident Fund Pension, withdrawal benefit/scheme certificate, Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance benefit, etc. as given below :-
Form-19 : To claim final settlement of Provident Fund by a member.
Form-20 : To claim Provident Fund by nominee/legal heir on death of the member.
Form-10-D : To claim pension. (In duplicate : If within state, In triplicate : If outside state.)
Form-10-C : To claim withdrawal benefit/scheme certificate under Employees’ Pension Scheme ’95.
Form-5IF : To claim assurance benefit under Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance ’76 by nominee/legal heir of a member.
Form-31 : To claim temporary withdrawal/advance under Employees’ Provident Fund scheme ’52.
Form-13 : To effect transfer of Provident Fund/Pension from one A/C to another.
1. Ensure that all columns of the application are filled completely.
2. Information in the application form relating to name, a/c no. should agree with the details available with Employees’ Provident Fund Organization; which were furnished by the employer at the time of enrolling to Provident Fund.
3. The application should be signed by the member/claimant.
4. It should be attested by the former employer. In case attestation by the former employer is not possible, it should be got attested by any other authorized official specified with an application form.
5. Application for final settlement can be sent by a member on completion of 2 months from the date of leaving service if the reason for leaving service is other than superannuation, medical ground, retrenchment and V.R.S./ Female members getting married etc.
6. The desired mode of payment can be given legibly if the amount involved is more than Rs. 2000/-. The amount will be sent by deposit in payees’ bank a/c. To facilitate this, Bank a/c no., name and address of the bank should be furnished. An advance stamped receipt should also accompany this application.
7. The application may be supported by the return Form-10, showing the details of leaving service and details of contribution for the year in Form-3A, if not sent earlier by the employer.
8. Specific additional requirements:
A) Death cases
1. Nominee/legal heir should apply in Form-20 /Form-10-D /Form-5IF.
2. If the member has not executed any nomination, the application should be supported by the certificate of family members issued by employer/revenue official/sworn in an affidavit by the family/ member/legal certificate from a court of law.
3. Death certificate of the member.Certificate of the employer stating whether the death was while in service of the member or not.
B) Pension cases
1. Joint photograph of member/spouse or the claimant should accompany the application.
2. Option for return of capital/commutation should be specified clearly.
3. Details of non-contributory period during the service, wages/salary for last 12 months should also accompany, if not already sent.
4. Details of the branch of the specified bank may be given legibly.
5. Date of birth certificates of children
6. In case of death away from service, an undertaking by the claimant to the effect that the member was not working / had not worked in any other covered establishment after exit from the establishment on the basis of which pension is being claimed.