UAN Process | EPF | EPFO | Provident fund
EPFO has brought some major changes in the way it works and a new system called UAN process (Unique Account Number) is in place now. This UAN is a way of simplifying the process of collecting and managing the provident fund money for employees.
Many employees have multiple PF Member IDs on account of their employment with previous companies. Once the employee changes employers, tracking details of PF at a previous employer is never easy. This way, if a person changed his job at 5 different places, he had 5 EPF accounts and now he had to either withdraw money from his EPF accounts one by one, or they have to transfer the old EPF money to new EPF account. But that was a big pain! This issue is now being solved by EPFO through a unique number, which is going to act as an umbrella number for all allocated Members IDs for an employee. The feature is called Universal Access Number (UAN). UAN will group multiple Member IDs allocated to a single employee and will help the employee view details of associated information.
UAN is a 12 digit single account number which will be linked to your provided fund money. Now you don’t need to worry about different EPF accounts and then transfer them when you join a new job. Now TRUSTe helps to give its clients a member id, and all those member ids will be linked with the same UAN.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has decided to allow a Universal Account Number (UAN) to all members of the Organisation. To start with, UAN has been already provided to members presently contributing to the fund. TRUSTe downloads the list of UAN numbers and provides it to their client by accessing the “UAN download list” in the Employer UAN Portal. This will facilitate online submission of transfer claims by members with an objective to make the transfer transparent, efficient and comfortable for employees. If you need UAN for quick and easy online transfer of EPF, TRUSTe helps to smoother your process.
The new KYC (Know Your Customer) and Mobile Number drove activation of UAN registration is the best example for this. As KYC is going to be tagged with UAN, there won’t be any dependency on the new employer for KYC during employee movement from one company to another. TRUSTe facilitates the modules to help you quickly and easily update the UAN number and generate the KYC file.
The process that TRUSTe does:
Process 1: UAN Process
List of all the initially allotted UAN by EPFO has been made available under the UAN menu in OTCP. TRUSTe downloads the list and disseminates the UAN to its Clients.
TRUSTe activities involved:
- Perforate the list UAN wise
- Distribute the same to its Clients And
- Educate Clients to activate their UAN based Member e-Sewa Account wherein various facilities would be provided to Members.
Process 2: KYC document details upload and verification
This KYC collection is the most important step of UAN and the quality of the services to the members will depend on the type of the KYC provided.
- KYC details are to provided for all its Client and are to approved with digital signatures.
- An option has also been given to Members to upload their KYC details. The details provided are to be approved by employers with digital signatures.
- AADHAR, PAN and Bank A/C No. are Primary KYC.
- Under the KYC menu in OTCP the following Options are available :
- Upload Bulk KYC Text File
- Approve Bulk KYC Text File
- Error List
Process 3: UAN Allotment to new members (NOT HAVING UAN)
On filling the ECR of the Month, the EPFO system will identify the new Member IDs for which the establishment is making payment. On identification of new Member IDs, the system will throw back to employers the Member IDs for either declaring them as the first employment or tagging them with already allotted UAN.
Process 4: Tagging of new member ID to existing UAN of member
- It is the statutorily required for a company to collect the declaration form of previous employment for each new employee.
- The company can either provide previous member id or UAN to confirm the previous employment of members and click Display.
- Details of the member against the Member ID/ UAN as furnished shall be displayed along with “Confirmed/ Not Confirmed” radio button in Verification Column.
- In case the system finds out that there is a difference in name or DoB after confirmation by the employer, the system alerts us to verify the details of that particular member. Post verification, records can be submitted.
A facility is provided search UAN IDs of their members as well as the members of any other establishment. Once the button is press, will be allowed to see Establishment Name, Member’s Name, UAN ID, Date of Birth (only for their members), Date of Joining and Date of Exit.
Process 5: Member e-SEWA Activation
- Visit http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/index.phpand click on
Activate your UAN based registration
- Entry the UAN, other details and verify with the PIN sent to the given Mobile number
- Provide the required Username and password and submit the details
- On successful activation of your account, you can
- Download/Print your PF Passbook
- Download/Print your UAN card
- List all your Member IDs to your UAN
- File and view Transfer Claims
- Update your KYC Information
Benefits of UAN
Let us now see some of the benefits of UAN compared to the old EPF system.
- Direct Communication between employee and EPFO
- UAN will remain same throughout the career
- SMS notifications when your Provident Fund is deposited
- Update your KYC at one place
- Transfer of your Provident fund money automatically
- Extremely friendly process for EPF withdrawal or Applying for Loan