Human Resource Management is not an easy job because the department has the dual responsibility of employee well being in terms of salaries and remuneration along with working hours coordination as well as the profitability of a company. Maintaining the balance is not an easy job as it can be stressful. Improvement in the service can help employees get job satisfaction and their work-life imbalance. Read the following blog to learn about the features of employee self-service portal.
Employee Self Service Portal is a secure platform that simplifies many HR processes and empowers employees and the management team with practical solutions. Employee self-service can help many companies save labor hours and increase efficiency as well as profitability. It can help create a positive work culture and maintain talent as it can give direct access to their employment information.
Key Features that represent Employee Self Service Portal
• Employee Self Service Portal can provide a recruitment process where you can create jobs, display the list of openings and the list of candidates response for jobs.
• Employee Self Service Portal provides onboarding module that keeps systematic stepwise approach to employee’s induction and onboarding process that creates a positive first impression on employee’s mind and increases employee engagement.
• Employees personal details as well as employee’s identity can be managed in Employee Self Service Portal.
• It can provide one point access to all employee information and reporting required, which allows the very lean team to work efficiently and achieve what only huge workforce can achieve.
• ESS Portal can accommodate any kind and combination of Performance Management Software that evaluates features such as Objectives, Goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Competencies, and Values.
• Attendance module makes sure all attendance data automatically captured in payroll and you don’t have to compile and maintain attendance records manually.
• Leave management gets confusing and complicated when a company grows and multilevel and multiple leave approval is required. Employee Service Self Portal provides leave module that will automatize your entire leave management process with a set of user-defined parameters and customizable workflows available in the application.
• Month-end is generally considered painful for HR who don’t have reliable and integrated solutions in place, but ESS Portal integrates with all other modules like attendance, leave and performance management so all the data required to process payroll is available without any manual intervention.
• It provides expense management software that integrates with your travel expense workflow and provides transparency and control over business spending.
ROI on Employee Self Service Portal
1. Access to HR
Access to HR is provided on demand through Employee Service Portal. This service not only promotes efficiency but also enhances the overall experience of the user.
2. Fast response time
From leave application to payroll shifts, several things can be done electronically within a short time. This helps for the direct responsibility for the approval or automatically responded. It eliminates the need for manual data entry and creates faster replies on a person-to-person basis.
3. Reducing the burden of HR
Following the implementation of ESS portal, most organizations have witnessed a reduction in the amount of time spent in the overall administration tasks. The transactional workload associated with the HR is declined, and it does not affect the employee workload with the use of ESS tools.
4. Cost saving
Employee Self Service is another direction for reducing human resource and payroll services cost. Employees with access to self-service can answer many of their own questions independently, which translates into a reduction in phone calls to human resources and payroll departments. And because self-service enables employees and the HR department to update information online, the cost of paper forms, postage, and paper-based processes are reduced, or at times, completely eliminated.
5. 24/7 access
Web accessibility of Employee Self Service is another benefit to employees. Employees can access the service anytime and anywhere solving their queries instantly. As the update is implemented online, the cost of paper forms, postage, and paper-based processes are reduced.
6. Leave estimation
Employees can have a clear idea of how many leaves have been taken and how much leave is remaining. They can have full visibility of their attendance. HR can approve or disapprove leave online.
By evaluating the strength of Employee Self Service Portal, it helps build pleasant atmosphere at work owing to the more clear mode of communication. Owing to the minimum manual work involved, employees feed accurate data, knowing that the data remains private and inaccessible to others. It allows the employees to plan their events in a better manner, thus increasing the productivity at the workplace.
Want Employee Self Service Portal for your company?
Schedule a demo with our business specialist – click here
You may also like to read our Employee Benefits in India – All you should know.
factoHR is one such HR & payroll software that empowers employees to check their attendance, apply for their leave application, check and download their payslip, approve the subordinate application and much more between your employees.
Schedule Free Demo
To learn more about what factoHR, HR & Payroll can do for your business. Book Free Demo !!!
Call us on +91 782 000 3100 | Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org