What is Rotational Training?
Rotational training is a kind of strategy wherein the employees are provided an opportunity to work in different departments or different job roles of the company for a short period. Such type of training is offered to enhance their experience, knowledge, skill, as well as to explore and understand various operations of the company. It also connects employees from different departments and establishes better workplace relationships for future opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of rotational training for employees?
- Eliminates the apathy among the employees
- Increases motivation
- Improves individual self-esteem
- Establishes relationships that provide future opportunities
What are the demerits of rotational training?
- Promotes job regularization instead of specialization
- Lack of job variety
How to build an efficient rotational training system?
Following are the practices for setting up efficient rotational training:
- Have a defined set of goals
- Assess your workforce
- Design a workforce that helps you to reach goals
- Put up a timeline
- Track and assess