What is a Psychometric Test?
A psychometric test is an assessment method conducted for testing individuals' attitudes, behaviors, and personality types. It is also referred to as an aptitude test and is generally used during the initial stages of the interview process to identify the candidate's suitability. During this test, the candidates’ cognitive ability, skills, personality traits, personal principles, etc., are analyzed.
- A company interviewed several candidates for the post of business development executive.
- After completing the initial rounds, one of them was chosen
- The chosen candidate was sent further for a psychometric test
- The candidate was questioned about situations, reasoning, aptitude, critical thinking, and personality in the psychometric test.
Frequently Asked Questions
What benefits do psychometric tests bring to the organization?
The benefit of conducting psychometric tests before choosing the candidates is beneficial for the organization in the following ways:
- It helps to know the individual's core abilities, personality, and skills.
- The hiring of the most suitable candidate according to the role
- Identification of individual potentials
- Identification of areas that need to be improved in a candidate
What questions are needed to be included in the psychometric test?
The purpose of conducting the psychometric test should be fulfilled. Therefore, it is essential to frame a solid set of questions that bring the correct output. The must-include questions are:
- Logical reasoning
- Situational Judgment
- Numerical or mathematical
- Personality test